MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:18:54 +0000
At 3:14 pm -0500 17/2/06, Bill Steele wrote:

>... but I still want to know why it's there in the first place.  I
>certainly don't have any "as Unicode text" statements anywhere.

I don't see how anyone can help you resolve your problem unless you
describe clearly and precisely what you're doing. Part of the problem
may be that you're using a pre-2004 version of Word that does not
deal properly with Unicode in combination with Tex-Edit Plus, which
also is Unicode-dumb.  You probably don't need any editors at all to
do what you want but if you must use editors then it would be a good
idea to use Unicode-aware software such a TextWrangler (free), BBEdit
8, TextEdit etc.  You haven't even told us what you mean by
"Unicode", seemingly regarding the whole bang shoot as some sort of
aberration.

JD