MACSCRPT Archives

February 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:21:12 -0500
On Feb 3, 2006, at 12:13 PM, John A.M. Darnell wrote:

> Hello List:
>
>    I have a very large script that builds InDesign pages, then places
> pictures onto those pages.  The images are stored on servers, the
> volumes
> of which must be determined and then mounted.  This takes time
> (sometimes
> a lot of time) during which nothing happens on the screen, and my
> users
> don't know if the script has broken or is just taking its time.
>
>    The code that mounts, however, has a definite beginnning and end. I
> would like to toss up a dialog just before initiating the process, and
> then remove the dialog after the process is complete.  Is there any
> way to
> do something likek that?
>
> Trivia question:  In Robert Heinlein's Children's classic, "The Star
> Beast," Lummox was growing what as a hobby?

Is this built in Studio?

If so you can open a window with the message and then close it.

If you are building with SMILE that also provides powerful dialog
capabilities to do this as well.

As for Lummox I wish I could remember.  I have it in the basement I
think.  Time to clean I guess :)

-Mark
Who understands the slowness.