LLTI Archives

January 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:54:25 EST
Dear IIALLTers,

I am researching translation and localization software packages for our
department's graduate translating certificate program.

We have a couple of older versions of Trados, DejaVu, and Systran that are no
longer being used.  One of the programs required that the user have full
administrative rights to the machine which is not possible in our lab situation.

I am interested to know what localization programs are in use in other LRCs and
if there have been any issues installing them in a lab.  I would also like to
know how licensing is handled for localization programs in use and the general
price of those programs.  The prices (even with an educational discount) that I
have been quoted is very high.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Heather McCullough

Heather McCullough, Ph.D.

Director, Language Resource Center

Department of Languages and Culture Studies

UNC Charlotte

Phone:  (704) 687-8762

Fax:  (704) 687-3496

http://lrc.uncc.edu