MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:15:16 -0700
And the answer IS....

do shell script "hdiutile create -srcfolder 'sourcePath'
'destinationPath' -format UDZO -ov" user name myName password
myPassword with administrator privileges

This eliminates the pesky authentication dialog from interfering. The
source and destination paths need to be converted to UNIX
requirements using the POSIX Path function.

Format UDZO gets it to compress. -ov overwrites any existing file.

Regards,

Chuck