MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 01:46:47 -0700
THAT WORKS!

Except I had to take off the ".app" extension. If I left that on, it
caused Script Editor the crash.

Now I can have the server delegate tasks to other machines on the
network for nightly backups. I can install the applet on each machine
and, late at night, the server will launch it, remotely, causing each
machines user files to be saved as a disk image on the server.

Thanks,

Chuck
P.S. Sheesh, this is not as intuitive as I think AppleScripting
should be.