MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:33:22 -0700
Okay....

I'm using QuicKeys to get around the authentication problem that
crops up when I try to make a DMG from a remote machine.

Here's the next level of complexity.

I want my server to tell a second machine to run the applet that
generates all the DMG files. The server has enough to do at night,
just doing the back-ups of all the data that is on it.

I'm attempting to use the following code to have the server get the
remote machine to start making the DMGs of the folders on the various
work stations.

set remoteMachine to "eppc://MyName:[log in to unmask]"

tell application "Make DMGs" of machine remoteMachine

	open

end tell

The problem being reported is that it cannot find the process of Make
DMGs on remoteMachine.

What is the solution to get one machine to activate and run an
application on a remote machine?

Regards,

Chuck