MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:05:48 +0000
At 1:08 pm -0500 17/1/06, Mark Lively wrote:

>Switch applications.  Bring finder to the front or some other
>application.  That at least was needed in OS 9.  There are many
>clipboards, one per app plus the main system one.  The main system
>one doesn't get updated until applications switch places.

Thank you, but that makes no difference.  It looks as if the whole
script has to finish running before the clipboard is updated.  I'll
try a few more things.  Any more suggestions are welcome.

JD

PS.  I see the MACSCRPT Reply-To header has been removed after all
these years.  ThatÕs going to mean a lot more double replies or else
Òyou wrote...Ó attributions.  I personally very much approve of
Reply-To headers in spite of the latest recommendations, which seem
to have been coined by people who are in the habit of posting rude
personal stuff to lists either through stupidity or because their
dumb mailers don't show them proper headers.

JD