MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:20:16 -0800
This last digest has lots of food for thought! To start digesting, I
copied and pasted Shane's script to a new file, saved it as a .scpt,
dropped it innto my scripts folder, and ran it. Works great, except the
postscript opens into Apple's TextEdit rather than Preview. The file _is_
postscript, but the name ends in .txt. Obviously, TextEdit renders it as
text, so it's not terribly useful. I checked -- /Applications/Preview.app
exists, so how's it getting ahold of TextEdit?

  - Brian Johnson, Seattle