MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:53:19 -0500
The back slashs are because there is a space in Untitled Folder.

you can put a back slash before a space to tell unix that you want
the space (or return or backslash to be part of the file name)

The second backslash is because I wanted to put a backslash in file
name.

Sorry my laziness confounded the issue.  I just made a folder on the
desktop and then dragged it into terminal and ran the command.

-Mark
Necessity is the mother of invention, but laziness is the father.