MACSCRPT Archives

January 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:19:10 -0500
On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Diana Cassady wrote:

> Hi. This seems like it should be an incredibly easy thing to do. It
> may just be a communications problem with the client. I don't have
> Photoshop CS, myself. I made a simple applescript for them that
> worked with Photoshop 7 onsite and now they're trying to make it
> work with Photoshop CS, and we're trying to work remotely because
> they're over 100 miles away. All the script needs to do is open a
> file and run some actions, but it's having trouble opening the
> file. I've verified that the filepath is correct and is returned as
> a string:
>
> set myfile to MountedVolume:Folder:Folder:document.jpg
>
> We've tried:
>
> tell application "Photoshop CS"
> open alias myfile
> end tell
>
> That's what used to work with Photoshop 7.
>
> I had them remove "alias", then I had them add "file" instead of
> "alias". None of those combinations work.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions other than driving 100 miles
> just to get a silly open statement to work? It's one of those
> situations where I think the drive is going to take me about 200
> times longer than solution.
>
> I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sadly it works OMM.

OSX 10.4.3
Adobe Photoshop CS 1

Mounted server and all.

I have another machine with a questionable installation of photoshop
which is a bit hinky.  Something went south in the install or
something.  Not entirely sure what, can't really be bothered to
reinstall it.  It doesn't accept opening files from the finder and
when I try the script on it I get "alias "AppleDevX:log
files:tempfiles:" doesn't understand the open command.

More playing around on the working one shows that opening file myfile
works but opening myfile does nothing and returns nothing...

-Mark
Hope this helps.