LLTI Archives

December 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:47:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Claire Bradin Siskin <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:15:46 -0500
>From: Claire Bradin Siskin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NEALLT 2006:  CALL FOR PROPOSALS
>To: [log in to unmask]

NEALLT 2006:  CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Technology-mediated Language Learning Beyond the Classroom
April 7-9, 2006
Penn Language Center
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA
Hosted by Nelleke Van Deusen-Scholl, Director, and Ed Dixon, Foreign
Language Technology Coordinator, Penn Language Center

The Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT)
will hold its annual conference April 7-9, 2006 at the Penn Language
Center of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania.

This year's theme will be "Technology-mediated Language Learning
Beyond the Classroom." We welcome proposals for panels and
presentations on all relevant topics, but particularly encourage
presentations in one of the following categories:

	Promoting language learning
	Serving instructional and research objectives
	Showcasing emerging technologies
	Lab management

Proposals should be for presentations/demonstrations of 30 minutes,
panel discussions of 45 minutes to one hour, or pre-conference
workshops of 3 hours.

We encourage participation from lab directors and faculty in order to
ensure a variety of perspectives.  Please consider attending this
conference and sharing your latest project with us.

Proposals should be submitted online at
http://www.polyglot.pitt.edu/req/propformneallt05.html.  For more
information, please email Claire Bradin Siskin at [log in to unmask]

Proposal deadline: February 15, 2006
Notification of acceptance:  March 1, 2006

Registration

Conference early registration will be $50.00, and the deadline is March 22.
Pre-conference workshops are an additional $20 each. Late
registration is $60.00 and subject to availability. NEALLT membership
is included in the conference registration fee.
Conference registration & lodging information will be posted in
January on the NEALLT website at http://www.neallt.org.

--
Claire Bradin Siskin
Director