LLTI Archives

December 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:58:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Duncan Charters <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:50:42 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Duncan Charters <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8105.2 Renet (!)

>Does RELANpro do video chatting?
>Jason Vance

No, video chatting is not a feature of ReLANpro. However, I understand that
ReNet's ReLANsign, a similar system designed for ASL teaching, does use
student cameras for real-time, two-way video communication between student
and teacher. The system also enables video pairing, with students signing
to one another. At least one other lab system features a signing option
too. Have people gone beyond this to enable video chatting among all
students with choice of student partner(s) right now (like the "telephone
dialing" for audio), and if so, with what system?

Dr. Duncan Charters
Professor and Chair
Department of Foreign Languages
Principia College, Elsah, IL 62028-9799
Telephone: (618) 374-5252    Fax: (618) 374-5465
E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>