LLTI Archives

December 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:36:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:08:15 -0600
>Subject: Re: Effectiveness of distance language courses
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>

I imagine that the

Foreign Service Institute
http://www.state.gov/m/fsi/

has some kind of effectiveness measure for its massive distance foreign
language curriculum.

TBob

On 12/1/05 12:07 AM, "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   Dear all,
>
>   Is anyone aware of an approach (approaches) to evaluating effectiveness of
> distance language courses? I'm looking for something that can be used as the
> main theoretical framework for course evaluations in the field of distance
> learning (DL), or if possible, more specifically, DL and language instruction.
>
>   Thank you!
>
>   Irshat Madyarov,
>   PhD student in Second Language Acquisition and Instructional Technology,
>   University of South Florida
>

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
> Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Robert D. Peckham, Ph.D
Professor of French
Vice President, American Association of Teachers of French
Director, Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Director, Globe-Gate Intercultural Web Project
Director, Andy Holt Virtual Library
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee at Martin / Martin TN 38238
Email: [log in to unmask]

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.