LLTI Archives

December 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:48:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Isabel Heller <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: Effectiveness of distance language courses
>From: Isabel Heller <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:56:43 +0100

Dear Irshat,

although you specifically mentioned distance learning, I assume there is
CALL courseware involved-
For the evaluation of it in learning environments I suggest you refer to
Phil Hubbard of Stanford University. He published a few comprehensive
Models for CALL evaluation.
e.g. http://www.stanford.edu/class/linguist289/CALL2.htm

best,
isabel

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 01:07:55 EST, LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> Is anyone aware of an approach (approaches) to evaluating effectiveness
> of
> distance language courses? I'm looking for something that can be used as
> the
> main theoretical framework for course evaluations in the field of
> distance
> learning (DL), or if possible, more specifically, DL and language
> instruction.
> Thank you!
> Irshat Madyarov, PhD student in Second Language Acquisition and
> Instructional Technology, University of South Florida
>

> LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
> Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Isabel Heller
English Language and Linguistics Chemnitz University of Technology 09107
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/phil/english/linguist/