LLTI Archives

November 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:16:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:33:53 -0500
>From: "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Self-study software recommendations?

I'm interested in any recommendations people might have for self-study
computer based language learning materials. What sorts of resources do
you make available for students who would like to learn a foreign
language that is now currently taught at your institutions? What
software packages do you use/recommend? I am particularly curious about
copyright issues. Some time ago I purchased a software package for
evaluation purposes and was very distraught to discover that it
specifically prohibited libraries of educational institutions from
lending/making the materials in question available to patrons.

David Flores
Director: Language Learning Center
Loyola College in Maryland
4501 North Charles Street