LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:47:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Colpaert Jozef" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject:  Online language courses
>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:25:04 +0200
>From: "Colpaert Jozef" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Dear colleagues,

As far as technologies for online interactive language courses are concerned,
the best thing to do is to analyze your language learning environment first,
then to conceptualize and specify solutions yourselves, before turning to
technology. With a detailed technology-independent specification in hand, you
can evaluate existing systems and technologies on their potential usefulness,
and determine to what extent you need to add building blocks, or whether it is
preferable to have something developed from scratch.

Read more about research-based research-oriented, pedagogy-driven, goal-directed
and ontological design on www.didascalia.be/doc-design.pdf.

All the best,

Jozef

Prof. dr. Jozef COLPAERT
Director R&D DIDASCALIA - Language Institute University of Antwerp
Editor CALL Journal

Universiteit Antwerpen  -  CDE
Universiteitsplein, 1 -  D0.10
2610 Antwerpen    -    Belgium