LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:37:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jorg Waltje <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:47:00 -0400
>From: Jorg Waltje <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Mpeg 1 conversion

Hello everybody:

We are experiencing problems with our old Libra server and I think the time
has come to move on to QT streaming.  Here is a question for you:

All our video files are in Mpeg1 (muxed) format, which will not stream from
a OS X streaming server (at least, I cannot get it to stream...)  Does
anyone know of a way to convert Mpeg1 to a streaming format, like mp4 or
h.263, or are we stuck?

I have a feeling that mpeg1 (which consists of just one audio/video track)
might be a dead end road (I tried several ways to convert in Cleaner but
always lost the audio). If you know of some workaround or can put me on the
right path I'd be much obliged.

Greetings from Jorg

---------------------
Dr. Jorg Waltje