LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:50:43 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Chen Xiaobin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Chen Xiaobin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #8058  Delivery of MP3 files
>Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:47:47 +0800

Hi,
    I think setting up a FTP server is an efficient way. You can create user
name for every professor and ask them to access their files by logging in
the FTP. But the pre-condition is that they know how to use FTP client
tools.
    I don't think emailing them is a good way for sound files are usually
very large in size. Sending and receiving them will cost much time.
    You can also set up a web page server and provide them with the address
of your server. They can get the files using the simplest way. A web browser
would be enough.

Chen Xiaobin
SCUT