LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:02:20 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Brandon S. Lee" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Need reviewers/comments for Edufolio
>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:50:28 -0400
>From: "Brandon S. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear All:

I have talked with several of you in the past about my company's desire
to offer a very high quality, but low-priced learning content management
system with multimedia tools.  Edufolio has a very wide feature set that
includes audio/video recording directly into the webpage, live
videoconferencing, real-time course tools, PowerPoint conversion,
text-to-speech synthesis, and much more.  We have recently been able to
attain funding that will allow us to offer Edufolio for very low rates.
Yearly license fees for K12 institutions is $250/year and yearly fees
for higher ed institutions is $1,000 (we are actually working on getting
funding to make it cost free to all K-20 schools nationwide, but we are
not there yet).  Considering we are normally bidding against a
Blackboard/WebEX pairing (Edufolio has a similar set to both of those
products together) that costs considerably more, we are very excited
that we are going to be able to do this.

We are releasing this product in Spring/Summer 2006 and are going to
spend at least 2,000 more hours (sounds crazy, non?) adding features to
the system and optimizing performance.  That is why I am writing to this
group.  I was a French teacher so when I designed Edufolio, we tried to
make sure that we were keeping the foreign language instructors in mind.
If any of you use online language labs or even if you don't and you have
the time to comment on what you think should be added, I would greatly
appreciate it.

If you are interested and have the time, please reply (offline) with
your name, email, and institution.  We will enroll you in a demo course
and one of the French courses that I taught at UNC-Chapel Hill using
this software.  I am sorry-I only have the foreign-language demo courses
in French now.

Thank you,

Brandon

PS  I have come to this group before for comments and it has greatly
helped in the development of the software.  I appreciate your past
assistance and hope you will indulge me with a little more.  Thanks.

Brandon S. Lee, CEO

Terra Dotta, LLC

http://terradotta.com

http://studioabroad.com