LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:37:13 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Susanne Rott <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:23:58 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Susanne Rott <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: staffing of a resource center

UIC is going to build a language center which will serve all foreign
languages.
I would like to ask you for your input on a couple of issues:

1) Our center should be a resource center for faculty and TAs to develop
and implement multimedia materials. How many support staff will we need? Do
we need to look for staff with different types of skills (besides being
knowledgeable about CALL)?

2) Do you suggest to have faculty workshops (do faculty attend these) or
are one-on-one consulting sessions more productive?

3) Do you have any suggestions for special equipment and software?

I very much appreciate your feedback!
Best,
Susanne

Susanne Rott
Associate Professor and Language Program Director
Department of Germanic Studies MC 189
University of Illinois at Chicago
601 S. Morgan
Chicago, IL 60607