LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:30:36 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ginny White <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Ginny White <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8032.2 Discussion Boards (!)

Nicenet's Internet Classroom Assistant might be worth a look, as well. It
allows you to have threaded discussions, send emails to groups or
individuals, post links, texts, schedules. It is free for edu use and
we have had good luck with users from all over the world being able to
access it for distance ed classes: it is loads fast, is low bandwidth, and
is really reliable. We can only use Blackboard here for
folks who are regular students, staff or faculty, so Nicenet has been
great for distance ed or workshops outside the regular UO registration
system -- anyone you want can join your "class".

--Ginny

Ginny White
Yamada Language Center and American English Institute
University of Oregon
YLC http://babel.uoregon.edu
AEI http://aei.uoregon.edu
x6-3654