LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:30:30 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Louise Stoehr <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:25:36 -0500
>From: Louise Stoehr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fitting lab into language curriculum
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Dear Colleagues,

our Department is currently in the process of examining our lab
requirements for beginning language students, and to assist in this
effort I am seeking information from colleagues at other institutions.

One item of particular interest is how others integrate the lab and its
resources into the language curriculum. Do you, for example have a
specific attendance requirement for students at any level of language
study, or is lab attendance optional? If you do have a lab requirement,
how is it implemented?

The other issue involves the types of resources you provide students
and types of assignments instructors may request be completed in the
lab environment.

I appreciate whatever input you all might be able to provide!

With many thanks in advance,

Louise

Dr. Louise E. Stoehr
Director, Modern Languages Learning and Resource Center
Stephen F. Austin State University
Nacogdoches, TX   75962
http://www.sfasu.edu/modlang

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.