LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:59:14 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8036.1 Fitting lab into language curriculum (!)
>Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:31:18 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

In total agreement with this.  If the work done in a Center is not
thoroughly integrated
in the "regular" class, the Center and work done in it will be
considered a waste of
time, students will hate the Center, and faculty will come to dislike
it, resulting in its
closure.....'Nuff said?

The integration can be through tests and testing, through having
Center-used materials
be the basis for classroom discussions, presentations (teacher or
student), or through
the use of textbook materials that are used individually outside of
class or through in-class
activities--once again being sure that this work is reflected in the
classroom, too.

Just the tip of the iceberg....

Best to all, Mike