LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:59:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:27:31 -0700
>Subject: CSU San Marcos Language Learning Center Director search
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>From: "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>

I'm forwarding this on behalf of our sister campus at San Marcos. Please direct
all inquiries to the contact information provided below.
--Gus
----------

California State University San Marcos is seeking a qualified candidate to
direct its Language Learning Center.

The purpose of the position is to provide academic support services and resource
referrals to students by overseeing the daily operations at the Language
Learning Center, coordinating the supplemental instruction process with the
World Languages and
Hispanic Literatures Department, and by implementing and developing
technological tools that directly support language classroom instruction and
self-directed learning opportunities. The Director also provides oversight of
the
Language-Other-Than-English Graduation Requirement including providing and
coordinating language proficiency testing services to students, evaluating
coursework and examinations and advising students as to the requirement.  The
Director also serves
as a member of the Learning Assistance Services staff team and the Student
Academic Support Services Directors staff team, and serves on various University
committees and work groups.

MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:

Duty    Percentage of time
Language Learning Center Coordination   40%
Foreign Language Proficiency Assessor   40%
Lead Worker responsibilities and supervision of tutors/student assistants
10%
Professional development and University committees, programs and activities
10%

Cal State San Marcos is situated in southern California, about 45 minutes north
of downtown San Diego. Founded in 1989 as the 20th campus in the CSU system, Cal
State San Marcos is located on 310 acre campus just 15 miles east of the Pacific
Ocean
and 10 miles west of the renowned San Diego Wild Animal Park.  Cal State San
Marcos offers the resources of a large university system, but the personal touch
of a small college.  The campus boasts a new state-of-the-art Library, and a
strong faculty
dedicated to innovative teaching methodology.  Our campus currently offers 19
undergraduate programs, 9 graduate programs, 19 credential and 2 certificate
programs in education.

Director, Language Learning Center
(Instructional Support Technician III)
Learning Assistance Services

Salary Range: $3,571 - $4,643 / Month
Anticipated starting salary will be $3,571 / Month

Full-time, permanent position with benefits

Position is Open Until Filled
First Review of Applications Will Begin November 4, 2005

To ensure full consideration, candidates must submit their application materials
by the posted first review date. Applications submitted after first review date
may or may not be considered.

To view a full position description, required qualifications, and to complete
application materials on-line, please visit: [ http://www.csusm.edu/jobs.htm
]http://www.csusm.edu/jobs.htm, then click on View Job Postings under External
Online
Applicants.

For further information, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Ms. Margo
Lopez:  [ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.