LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:25:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Vance, Jason" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8021 Help for Southeastern Louisiana University
>Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:34:14 -0400
>From: "Vance, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Southeastern Louisiana University may want ot investigate the Sanako's classroom
management system called Genesis. The website is www.linguatronics.com. I work
for Thomas Nelson Community College in Virginia. It wroks fairly well, and the
support is responsive. I wished the manual written for the program was designed
as training the instructors on using the system in the way they are use to using
previous language labs with tape decks. The manual tells you hownto use each
button, but not to incorporate everything to together.  There is also an
competitor version from Sony called Soloist. I believe Xavier University was
using it before the hurricane hit New Orleans. Hope this helps.

Jason Vance
Language Laboratory Supervisor
TNCC - Virginia