LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:19:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff Magoto <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jeff Magoto <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: LLTI Digest - 3 Oct 2005 to 4 Oct 2005 (#2005-135)
>Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:13:06 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Betty,
	Why not encourage them to take a trip to Bend next weekend?
	The COFLT conference is being held there
<http://www.open.org/~coflt/coflt_homepage_index.htm>  this year and I
count at least half a dozen presentations focused on university-based
FL teaching with technology. I'm doing one on web-based speech
<http://babel.uoregon.edu/ortesol.html> and some of our other virtual
language lab technologies at UO. --jeff

On Oct 4, 2005, at 9:01 PM, LLTI automatic digest system wrote:

>> Date: Mon,  3 Oct 2005 11:16:47 -0700
>> From: Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: Language Learning and Technology International Information
>> Forum
>> Subject: Consultant needed
>
> Reed College would like to hire a consultant for our foreign language
> program to
> talk to our faculty about software possibilities for teaching foreign
> languages.
>   This would include both traditional language lab functions plus
> online
> dictionary products that include old French, for example,
> grammar-checkers,
> spell-checkers, etc. in modern languages.  Does anyone on this list
> have the
> name of anyone they would consider to be a good person to do this?  We
> are
> thinking about probably no more than a short visit of several days,
> meeting
> with our faculty and making presentations or suggestions about what
> might be
> the most useful products for them.  It would be useful to have some
> references
> for these people as well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Betty Woerner