LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:06:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from greg kessler <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:56:17 -0400
>From: greg kessler <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8016 NewReader

We have a lab running 10.4 with no noticeable problems using NewReader (as
well as NewLexis)...they are staples of our curriculum and were created by
one of our faculty members, John McVicker.

Although it would be nice to find something that works on other platforms
as well as newer versions of the Mac OS (I think a Java based update to
NewReader would be best), there is currently nothing that I am aware of
that offers the flexibility and variety of the tools included in NewReader.
It is an excellent program...that is hard to say for most ten year old
software!

You may want to make sure you have the most recent release of NewReader
(you can contact John at [log in to unmask])as well as the most recent
hypercard player.

Greg

Greg Kessler, Ph.D.
Director, ITA Program
Ohio University

--On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:13 PM -0400 LLTI-Editor