LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:25:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:45:37 -0400
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SEALLT/MAALLT Conference, 3/06: Call for Papers

  LANGUAGE and TECHNOLOGY in the 21st CENTURY
  The Joint Conference of SEALLT & MAALLT
  At the College of Charleston
  MARCH 9-11, 2006
  Charleston, South Carolina
  Call for Proposals

  We invite presentation, workshop, and panel proposals that would be of
interest to a diverse audience of foreign language, ESL and K-12
educators and language professionals at all levels supporting the use of
language learning technologies.

  Proposals might include:
  *    Inexpensive  technologies to teach language and culture;
  *    5 minute Video Tours of Media Centers
  *    Workshops to create material instructors can use the next day
  *    A pot-luck of best practices and strategies
  *    Funding

  Proposals should explicitly specify the primary audience and the
target language(s) and level(s) to be addressed in the presentation.
Send your proposals, limited to a 150-word abstract, as an email
attachment in Microsoft Word, Rich Text format or in the body of your
e-mail by January 30, 2006 to:

  Georgia Schlau  (SEALLT)          [log in to unmask]
  Copy to Betty Facer  (MAALLT)    [log in to unmask]

  You will be notified of the status of your proposal by February 15, 2006.

  Conference details will be forthcoming on our SEALLT and MAALLT websites:
  http://www.cofc.edu/languages/conference
  http://www.georgetown.edu/organizations/maallt/

Georgia Schlau
Director of the Michael Pincus Language Resource Center
College of Charleston
66 George St.
Charleston, SC 29424

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.