LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:25:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (14.4)"

>Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:52:57 -0400
>From: "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (14.4)"
>Subject: LLTI: approval required (BE57483E)
>To: [log in to unmask]

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI
list at  LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. You  can approve it  using the  "OK" mechanism
(click on  the link below),  ignore it, or repost  an edited copy.  The message
will expire automatically and  you do not need to do anything  if you just want
to discard it. Please  refer to the list owner's guide if  you are not familiar
with the "OK"  mechanism; these instructions are being  kept purposefully short
for your convenience in processing large numbers of messages.

To APPROVE the message:
http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?OK=BE57483E&L=LLTI
Dear all,

We've been experimenting with mt-daapd, a multi-threaded
implementation of iTunes music sharing (http://www.mt-daapd.org).
Audio is limited to our particular subdomain and cannot be copied.
iTunes, however, presents a challenge.  We would like iTunes to
ALWAYS sort by song name and to always display some of the columns
that are not displayed as part of iTunes' default behavior (i.e
composer).  Does anyone have a trick to force iTunes to display
particular columns and which column is used for the sort order?
We've looked in com.apple.iTunes.plist to no avail (on a Mac, similar
preference file in WIndows).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael Heller
Director of Language Learning Technology
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave (CHSS/DI-287B)
Montclair, NJ 07043-1699