LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:47:06 EDT
Please respond to sender, not to the list!

>Date:         Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:51:33 -0400
>From: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,
I would really appreciate it if you who are at large state Univerisities
could help me out with some info, or research.

Many UMass professional employees have been patients at the UMass Health
Services on campus for many years. Now UHS wants to kick out retirees who
acquire medicare at age 65. This means changing physicians in an area where
that is likely to be difficult, etc.

Some of us are trying to challenge this and could use data from comparable
schools.

Your school?
Do some campus staff use your campus health services?
Can clients who turn 65 and have medicare continue to use the services?
Any comments?

Thanks so much.

Irene Starr
UMass FLRC (closed 2002)