LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:24:13 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from James Hogg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: James Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: iTunes 5 plays videos
>Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:26:05 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

We use iTunes in the Language Center at Ithaca College. I just
downloaded version 5 of iTunes and it includes two new features I have
been waiting for. One is folders in the Source Window. With this
function I can organize playlists by language in folders. The second,
and this seems not to be well publicized, is iTunes can now play
Quicktime video files in it. I added an Mpeg 4 movie via Add to Library
and it shows up with a little TV screen icon. Now all audio and video
materials can be organized and played in one program--iTunes 5.

The next step as I see it is for the iPod to use videos, especially
since they are moving to color screens.

Jim

James Hogg
Manager Language Center