LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:24:16 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology

>Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:09:09 -1000
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: publication announcement - Language Learning & Technology
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are happy to announce that Volume 9 Number 3 of Language Learning &
Technology is now available at http://llt.msu.edu. This is a Special
Issue
on Technology and Oral Language Development guest edited by David
Nunan. The
contents are listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if
you have not already done so. Also, we welcome your contributions for
future
issues. See our guidelines for submission at
http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Chun and Irene Thompson, Editors
Language Learning & Technology

----- Feature Articles -----

Synchronous CMC, Working Memory, and L2 Oral Proficiency Development
Scott Payne and Brenda Ross
The Pennsylvania State University

Told Like It Is! An Evaluation of an Integrated Oral Development Pilot
Project
David Barr, Jonathan Leakey, and Alexandre Ranchoux
University of Ulter, Northern Ireland

Conversations -- and Negotiated Interaction -- in Text and Voice Chat
Rooms
Kevin Jepson
Monterey Institute of International Studies

Establishing a Methodology for Benchmarking Speech Synthesis for
Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Zoe Handley
The University of Manchester, UK
Marie-Josee Hamel
Dalhousie University, Canada

Oral Interaction Around Computers in the Project-Oriented CALL Classroom
Gumock Jeon-Ellis, Robert Debski, and Gillian Wigglesworth
University of Melbourne, Australia

----- Columns -----
On the Net
First, You Have to Hear It! ESL Oral Language Practice
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
Skype and Podcasting: Disruptive Technologies for Language Learning
by Bob Godwin-Jones

----- Reviews -----
Edited by Rafael Salaberry

SEER 2.0
Word Magic Software, Inc.
Reviewed by Corinne Bosse

TextStat 2.5, AntConc 3.0, and Compleat Lexical Tutor 4.0
Reviewed by Luciana Diniz

Russian Language Instructional Sites on the Web
Reviewed by Richard Robin

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.