LLTI Archives

September 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:36:16 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Douglas Canfield" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:29:54 -0500
>From: "Douglas Canfield" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7979 What's on -your- iPod?

At PUC, we aren't doing anything complex with iPods, but we _are_ using
them to replace our boomboxes as they expire. Up until about three years
ago, the FLL faculty had yet to let go of the notion that the boombox
was the ultimate form of portable audio. However, as all of the
classrooms here now have some sort of integrated sound system, it seemed
ridiculous to have faculty carry a boombox on their shoulder or
precariously perched atop a pile of papers and books (which invariably
came back to the lab damaged in some way) when they could carry their
entire audio system and necessary sound files in their pocket or purse,
and simply plug it into the sound system in their class.  They have
enjoyed being able to shift audio "on the fly" to respond to class needs
without fumbling through CDs (or running to their office for CDs) or
trying to find where to find that sound file on the server.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing, as I'm
looking for new things to have my faculty do with the iPods.

DOUG

Douglas W. Canfield
Director, International Media Center
Dept. of Foreign Languages & Literatures
Purdue University Calumet
>>> [log in to unmask] 08/31/05 12:36 PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:52:22 -0400
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: What's on -your- iPod?

All:

I am wondering if people could share to the list how (if at all) they
are using iPods (with or without  their iAttachments or iSoftware...) in

the teaching and learning of languages.

Barbara

--
Barbara Sawhill