LLTI Archives

August 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:54:17 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Otmar K. Foelsche ---

>Date: 04 Aug 2005 14:02:27 EDT
>From: Otmar K. Foelsche
>Subject: positions at Cornell University
>To: LLTI-Editor

--- Forwarded Message from Diane Kubarek <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:26:33 -0400
>Sender: "NMC Technology Advisory Board (TAB)" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Diane Kubarek <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: positions at Cornell University
>To: [log in to unmask]

Hello, all -

The following two positions with the Office of Web Communications at
Cornell University are open and accepting applications.  Please feel
free to forward this message to interested colleagues, and please
feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the
positions.

Thank you!

Diane Kubarek
Director, Office of Web Communications
312 College Avenue
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York  14850
http://www.cornell.edu/

email: [log in to unmask]
phone: (607) 255-1290

---------
CU Web Program Manager, #04192
Office of Web Communications
Cornell University

Manage the CUWeb main site project, the primary Web communications
project of Office of Web Communications. Consult with Director of Web
Communications to develop long-term growth strategy for CUWeb main
site as well as the relationships necessary to support it.Manage the
daily project schedules, deliverables, and timelines for the growth
and maintenance of the CUWeb Main site. Responsible for CUWeb user
experience plan. Manage growing, evolving and supportive navigational
framework for main site in which partners can participate. Work with
Director of Web Communications to develop and implement an identity
plan for main site that dovetails with the university's identity
strategy. Act as Web Communications' primary point of contact with
vendors of design, development and content production services during
projects.

Bachelors with 3-5 years experience related to web development,
maintenance, and security or equivalent combination.Web production
team management preferred.
Must be experienced and fluent in the application of state of the art
web tools (to include languages) and techniques and their
applications for large scale, high traffic sites.Experience in
marketing and/or public relations desirable.Experience using computer
applications for developing printed and electronic
documents.Large-scale project management experience including
defining deliverables, obtain resources, agree on deadlines, and to
adjust plans as necessary.Excellent communication and teamwork
skills.Ability to adapt to changing priorities and demands

No relocation assistance is provided for this position.

Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.

Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
educator and employer.

To be considered an applicant, apply on-line through the Jobs at
Cornell web site at
<<http://www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs>http://www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs>,
position # 04192.

---------
Web Content Manager, #04188
Web Communications
Cornell University

Maintain and update content on Cornell's main Web site,
www.cornell.edu, the primary Web communications project of the Office
of Web Communications. Work directly with content providers of widely
varying technical ability throughout Cornell to perform regular and
on-demand updates to page content. Work with cornell.edu program
manager to establish and follow a regular schedule for content
updates. Perform regular site-wide verification of content on site.
Respond to user feedback for the site, received through Webmaster
special mailbox and other channels. Escalate requests for site design
modification or content architecture changes to the cornell.edu
program manager. Maintain "Live View" servers. Research, recommend,
and perform appropriate technology upgrades to "Live View" servers.

Located in Ithaca, N.Y., Cornell University is a bold, innovative,
inclusive and dynamic teaching and research university where staff,
faculty, and students alike are challenged to make an enduring
contribution to the betterment of humanity.

Bachelors, including coursework in related fields with 2-3 years
professional experience related to Web development and maintenance or
equivalent combination.
Must be experienced in the application of Web tools (to include HTML
and CSS) and techniques and their applications for large scale, high
traffic sites. Some experience with Photoshop required. Experience
working in a CMS environment desirable. Prior exposure to Javascript
and Coldfusion desirable.Highly developed customer relations and
customer service skills essential. Experience responding sensitively
and diplomatically to client needs required. Experience working with
clients with widely varying levels of technical ability is required.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills required.
Experience editing written content for grammar and spelling
desirable. Experience establishing solid partnerships with content
providers desirable. Experience managing and performing bug testing
of code, specifically of Web pages across multiple browsers and
platforms, desirable. High degree of attention to detail and superior
organizational skills required.Good sense of graphic design and
multimedia especially as it relates to web design. Available and
responsive to time-sensitive requests. On call for occasional
off-hours updates to site.Ability to interact effectively as a member
of a very small team and participate actively in ongoing initiatives
and projects.Experience using computer applications for developing
printed and electronic documents. Knowledge of Cornell desirable.

No relocation assistance is provided for this position.

Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
educator and employer.

To be considered an applicant, apply on-line through the Jobs at
Cornell web site at
<<http://www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs>http://www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs>,
position # 04188.