LLTI Archives

August 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:54:03 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:20:33 -0400
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Windows Media Server, MP3s, OSX and XP
>To: [log in to unmask]

Greetings LLTIers:

I am hoping someone out there can help us...we are experimenting with a
Windows Media Server and textbook audio files (mp3s), trying to get them
to display as a playlist in Bb6 on both OSX and XP.

Rather than chopping up the audio files that textbooks come with into
little chunks, we are trying to take those files and create playlists
through a single publishing point. The goal is to  create a link in Bb that
would display a playlist so that a user can choose the files s/he wants
to listen to, vs listening to the whole chapter track or hunting and
pecking....

Currently, in XP you can click on the link in Bb and it opens
the Media Player and you can skip through the files using the media
playerbut there is no a playlist.  On OSX, you cannot skip
through the files...you have to listen to the whole audio file...and
there is no playlist.

We have tried this using a .wsx list and .asx too. Same results as above
for either.

If this makes no sense to anyone, that would be because I am losing all
hope of coherent thought due to this conundrum.

If you are coming to Provo for FLEAT I would be thrilled to talk with
you there, but in the meantime if people can contact me off list that
would be terrific.

Thanks!

Barbara

Barbara Sawhill