LLTI Archives

August 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:20:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:19:27 -0400
>From: "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: job posting

NOTICE OF VACANCY
ANTICIPATED FACULTY POSITION
LANGUAGE DEPARTMENT / LANGUAGE LAB
LIBERAL ARTS DIVISION
MCCC/MTA UNIT, FULL-TIME POSITION

GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The faculty member will direct the language lab
(2/5 of time) and teach French and/or Spanish, and ESOL (3/5 of time).  The
faculty member will be responsible for the following duties:

*	Teach 9 hours of a combination of: English to Speakers of Other Languages,
      (ESOL) and French I / II or Spanish I / II.

*	Coordinate the RCC Language Lab; Maintain 8 open hours weekly.

SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Dean of the Division of Liberal Arts.

SUPERVISION EXERCISED: The Language Lab Coordinator may supervise interns and/or
work-study students.  The Coordinator also requests, and follows through on, a
variety of maintenance tasks provided by the IT Department.

EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:  (not intended to be an exhaustive list)

Teaching Duties *
*	preparing syllabi and following course objectives for each course taught.

*	meeting deadlines for student progress reports, recommendations, and grades.

*	testing, advising and registering students.

*	Faculty requirements for college or committee service and office hours will be
applicable to the extent possible, but will not be allowed to compromise the
faculty member's 2/5 commitment to the Language Lab.  Office hours and open lab
hours might overlap.

Language Lab Duties -
*	ensuring all workstations and other equipment in the Lab is
functional, secure and equipped with appropriate software.

*	resolving technical problems with computer equipment either personally, with
the help of interns or work-study students, with assistance from the IT
Department, and/or with the vendor's assistance, as appropriate.

*	keeping a physical inventory and maintenance records of all equipment in the
Lab.

*	researching and recommending appropriate technology solutions in order to
continue providing a high level of support and service to students and faculty.

*	providing ongoing training and orientation to students and faculty in the use
of the Lab.

*	maintaining networked database records and access for the materials
collection.

QUALIFICATIONS:

This full-time position requires experience teaching ESOL, and French or
Spanish, and expertise working in a digital lab environment.

*	Masters Degree and experience teaching ESOL, and French and/or Spanish.

*	Experience and/or expertise working in a digital lab environment.
 	(The faculty member will be oriented by the former Language Lab Coordinator.)

*	General knowledge of network administration.
*	Knowledge of Microsoft products, specifically Windows 2000/XP operating
system and MS-Office Professional.
*	Willingness to learn in a constantly changing environment.
*	Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.

START DATE:  January 2006

APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15, 2005 (or until filled)

SALARY RANGE:  Salary is determined by procedures outlined in applicable
collective bargaining agreements and personnel procedures.

TO APPLY:  Send resume, cover letter and three (3) letters of reference to:

Ms. Sylvia Stokes, Director of Human Resources and Affirmative Action
Search Committee for Language Faculty / Lab Position
Roxbury Community College
Department of Human Resources
1234 Columbus Avenue
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120-3400

Roxbury Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/504
employer.

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.