LLTI Archives

July 2005, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:42:44 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt

>Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:27:30 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7954.2 Rationale for digital language lab systems

Hello, Annelie and all,

Another advantage (which cost conscious administrators may like) is
that this type of technology can turn any computer lab into a
"language lab", not to mention the distance (remote) possibilities
digital offers, which do not necessarily require a dedicated "lab."

As for the different digital solutions out there, you probably know,
this being an IALLT list, that Jack Burston recently edited a
monogram entitled "Digital Language Lab Solutions" where he reviews
eleven products, comparing, functionality, cost, ease of use etc.,
which can be purchased from the IALLT site
http://www.iallt.org/iallt_services/iallt_publications.html

Good luck going digital.
Francoise

PS Is there really an alternative to digital these days?  I don't think so...