LLTI Archives

June 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:39:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:04:11 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: job opportunity at University of Regina (Saskatchewan, Canada)
>Disposition-Notification-To: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Return-Receipt-To: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>

Please excuse the cross-postings.

As some of you know, I am taking leave from my position to begin a Masters
degree in the Fall,
so the University of Regina is currently looking for someone to fill a 9.5 month
term as the
Manager of the Language Resource Centre (CUPE union designation of Technician
III).  This
person will act as the Manager of the Language Resource Centre in coordination
with the
Department heads, language coordinators and faculty members of the various
language
departments (including Departments of French, International Languages, Indian
Languages,
Literature and Linguistics [First Nations University of Canada] and ESL).  The
position is
under the supervision of the Dean of Arts Office.

Further details can be found in the posting on-line at
http://www.uregina.ca/hr/RECRUITMENT/U05-65-external.htm .  Applications and
questions should
be directed to Human Resources:
Human Resources
Administration Humanities Building Room 206
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK  S4S 0A2
Phone: (306) 585-4163
Fax: (306) 585-5232
Email: [log in to unmask]

The University of Regina is committed to the principles of employment equity and
is
a partner in the Aboriginal Employment Development Program. Applicants who are
members of the
following groups are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letter or
resume: Aboriginal
people, visible minorities, people with disabilities and women in
non-traditional careers.

All competitions are closed at 4:30 p.m. on the closing date listed.

If you unfamiliar with the University of Regina and the City of Regina, I
encourage you to
visit the following sites.  Regina is the capital city of Saskatchewan, but is a
relatively
small city, full of greenspaces, and boasts a low cost of living.  You can get
anywhere in the
city in 5-10 minutes and the entire city is linked by bike paths.  Also, as the
position is set
to begin August 1, the encumbant will arrive to Regina and to the University in
time for the
Canada Summer Games which are happening in Regina (on- and off-campus) August
6-20.

http://www.uregina.ca/
http://www.regina.ca/content/welcome/cost/index.shtml (cost of living index by
City of Regina)
http://www.tourismregina.com/
http://www.uregina.ca/hr/Regina.htm
http://www.sasktourism.com/
http://www.reginasymphonyorchestra.sk.ca/
http://www.2005jeuxducanadagames.ca/
http://www.inregina.com/inregina/SilverStream/Pages/pgHome.html

If you have any questions about Regina or the University, I would be most
willing to try
to answer them or to direct them to the best person.

Thank you,
Deanne Cobb
Language Lab Manager
Language Resource Centre