LLTI Archives

June 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:11:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:15:33 -0500
>Subject: Re: #7941 salary range
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>

Sounds like something that should be in one of those Chronicle of HE AAUP
salary surveys.

http://chronicle.com/stats/aaup/

However, the situation of these people is so varied I would think anything
you see will be misleading.  Much will depend on what the director does,
which degree is expected, the location of the institution , its private or
public status...there are so many variables.  I am split between the
language lab and teaching and I am a Full Professor, drawing a shamefully
low salary (the kind that drives folks to moonlight).

TBob

Robert D. Peckham, Ph.D
Professor of French
Vice President, American Association of Teachers of French
Director, Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Director, Globe-Gate Intercultural Web Project
Director, Andy Holt Virtual Library
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee at Martin / Martin TN 38238
Email: [log in to unmask]