LLTI Archives

June 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:23:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Scott Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Scott Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Position at University of Texas at Arlington
>Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:33:11 -0500

Hi everybody,

As of August, I will be moving to Texas Christian University in Ft.
Worth (20 miles away) in a similar position to the one I have here
(except it is tenure-track). As a result, my current employer, the
University of Texas at Arlington (about 25,000 students and growing,
located between Dallas and Ft. Worth), needs to replace me. Whoever
takes the job will have me close (for questions and, hopefully,
collaboration), and my predecessor, the inestimable  Pete Smith, is
still at UTA but directing distance education.

The official job ad follows;

****************
Non-tenure track, 12 month appointment beginning Aug. 15, 2005,
pending budgetary approval.

The director administers the Center, a growing language media
facility, in direct support of multiple language sections in the
Department of Modern Languages.  Duties include modernizing the lab
facility and classroom technology, overseeing day-to-day operations
of a Macintosh computer/media laboratory, maintaining and updating
media and technology holdings for instruction, departmental website
and streaming server, supervising staff, administering budget,
advising and training faculty, acting as liaison to Instructional
Technology.  Ability to teach foreign language and/or technology
courses.  Demonstrated experience with MACs and PCs.  Desirable:
knowledge of Apache, MySQL and PHP.  M.A or Ph.D. in a foreign
language, Instructional/Educational Technology or a related field.
Send letter, CV and references to: A. Raymond Elliott, Chair, Dept.
of Modern Languages, University of Texas at Arlington, Box 19557,
Arlington, TX 76019.  UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.  http://langlab.uta.edu.

****************

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Scott G. Williams, Ph.D.
Director
Language Acquisition Center
Dept. of Modern Languages
Univ. of Texas at Arlington
Box 19557
Arlington, Texas 76019-0557

Tel: Office (817) 272-5650 / LAC (817) 272-5148
Fax: (817) 272-5408

email: [log in to unmask]

President, South Central Association for Language Learning Technology
<http://www.tulane.edu/~socallt/>

LAC: <http://langlab.uta.edu/LAC/welcome.htm>
Modern Languages: <http://langlab.uta.edu>
My page: <http://langlab.uta.edu/scottweb/webpage.html>