LLTI Archives

June 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:02:01 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Hugh Soulis" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:23:26 -0700
>From: "Hugh Soulis" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7924.1 Web-based audio recording applets/tools? (!)

Hi Wayne:

Thanks for the info. It looks very straight forward to use. I guess
CAN-8 will also allow students to record their voices for later
playback.

Hugh

--- Forwarded Message from Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>From: Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Web-based audio recording applets/tools?
>Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:22:24 -0400

We at Michigan State University's Language Learning Center developed
a Flash-based program called Audio Portfolios that does exactly what
Smantha describes in her post. It is a stand-alone tool  that allows
teachers to create accounts for their students to record audio (and
video) clips, store them centrally on our server, and make them
available to teachers.

The program is available on a subscription basis. For $50,
instructors can make any number of class lists with any number of
student accounts. Students do not have to pay for access, as they log
in under the account that their instructor creates for them.

You can try the program at the website listed below. Under the FAQ
section there is documentation in PDF format, and the Licensing
section details how to purchase accounts.

http://distancelearning.llc.msu.edu/audioportfolio

Two MSU instructors presented at CALICO this month on how they use
the program. In addition, I will be presenting the program at FLEAT
in August, then again at ACTFL in November.

Hope this helps.

Dennie

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.