LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 16:05:52 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:45:44 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7922 Portable or remote lab for simultaneous interpretation
training
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

Dear Raul;

The Sanako Lab 100 (AKA Tandberg Elice) has simultaneous translation mode
and is reasonably portable.

I am installing one here at Sewanee this summer and will report to the list
when it is up and working.

Best,
Karl

>--- Forwarded Message from "Raul Roman - SUPCRTX"
>
>>Subject: Portable or remote lab for simultaneous interpretation training
>>Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:28:02 -0700
>>From: "Raul Roman - SUPCRTX" <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Is anyone aware of a portable or remote lab for simultaneous interpretation
>training? Our department is growing and so are our training needs. We have
>interpreters assigned throughout the entire county. The ideal configuration
>would have the instructor at his/her workstation, directing and monitoring the
>training of interpreters who are working at their workstations.
>Alternatively, a
>portable lab would also work: one that could be moved from one location to
>another fairly easily. We are also looking to archive students' output on
>CDs or
>audiofiles that can be played back at a later time for review.
>
>Thank!
>
>Raul A. Roman
>Manager
>Court Interpretation and Translation Services
>Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County
>101 W Jefferson, ECB, 3rd floor
>Phoenix, AZ 85003
>602.506.0220
>602.506.2280 (fax)
>[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>Languages are the reservoir of knowledge and culture.
>Each language is a particular window on the world.

> LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
>Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
>Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
>Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
>Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Karl W. Fisher
Director, Language Laboratory
The University of the South
735 University Avenue
Sewanee, TN 37383

Lab: (931) 598-1468
Fax: (931) 598-1145

"Time's fun when you're having flies."  --Kermit the Frog

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.