LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 14:19:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Raul Roman - SUPCRTX"

>Subject: Portable or remote lab for simultaneous interpretation training
>Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:28:02 -0700
>From: "Raul Roman - SUPCRTX" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Is anyone aware of a portable or remote lab for simultaneous interpretation
training? Our department is growing and so are our training needs. We have
interpreters assigned throughout the entire county. The ideal configuration
would have the instructor at his/her workstation, directing and monitoring the
training of interpreters who are working at their workstations. Alternatively, a
portable lab would also work: one that could be moved from one location to
another fairly easily. We are also looking to archive students' output on CDs or
audiofiles that can be played back at a later time for review.

Thank!

Raul A. Roman
Manager
Court Interpretation and Translation Services
Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County
101 W Jefferson, ECB, 3rd floor
Phoenix, AZ 85003
602.506.0220
602.506.2280 (fax)
Languages are the reservoir of knowledge and culture.
Each language is a particular window on the world.

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.