LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 15:41:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Linos Viglas" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Linos Viglas" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Curriculum info
>Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:56:51 +0300

Dear friends,

I am looking for info (links, articles, books etc) on the Foreign/Modern
Languages Curricula of England and USA. In particular, I'm interested in the
following issues:

- what learning theory underlies each curriculum?
- ICT integration
- is there a cross-curricular approach?
- do they link to society, everyday life, environment and technology?
- are the objectives and attaining targets clearly stated?
- what skills are promoted?
- are the proposed activities sufficient?
- assessment of learning outcomes
- the role of the teacher
- the role of the student
- teaching method

Any ideas, views etc. would be highly appreciated.

Linos Viglas
Teacher - ICT Trainer
Greece

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.