LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 15:41:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 07:03:11 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: PureVoice & BlackBoard
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

Colleagues,

         Have any of you had a problem using PureVoice with any updates to
your Blackboard system? If so,have you found a solution? Here's the problem
San Jacinto Community College is experiencing:

We run Bb LS v 6.2.3 build 19.  Pure Voice worked and stopped working on
the same version. We feel it might have started around 3/28 - 4/1, which
coincidentally we launched our site over SSL and LDAP Authentication.

However, I don't believe the behavior is related to those changes.  The
Pure Voice stopped working when opened through Internet Explorer (latest
Version), but still works when opened through a different browser (Mozilla
Firefox).  It must have something to do with the download to the temporary
internet files directory of the end user machine.

This would lead me to believe that the issue is on the user's side,
however, it seems the effect would only be noticed by those that updated
their systems and not system-wide.

With that, I have been removing windows patches to see if it is
related.  It could also be that something broke with the installation of a
new Blackboard Upgrade.  Blackboard Tech Support has tried to duplicate the
issue with no luck.

Any tips?

LeeAnn Stone

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.