LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 14:57:53 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Dianna Murphy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:16:53 -0500
>From: Dianna Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7897.1 Authoring software
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Thanks for the plug, Jose!

The Multimedia Annotator is a Flash-based authoring tool to annotate
(Flash-based) video clips.  Annotations can be text (e.g., key words,
grammar tips; culture tips; running subtitles; glossary) or
audio-based (a native speaker reading the transcript from the video
clip at a slower rate or in a standard dialect).  All of the
annotations can be correlated with (sub) sections of the clip, or
with the clip as a whole.  The content can be organized so that
students must access certain material over others.  We are using this
sequencing feature in a couple of current projects to provide
students with a transcript of each section of the clip, but only
after they have exhausted all of the other options.

The Multimedia Annotator is being licensed through the UW-Madison
College of Letters and Science.  An individual academic license is
$30.

Best regards,
Dianna

>--- Forwarded Message from Jose Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]> ---

>>From: Jose Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: #7897 Authoring software
>>Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:23:54 -0400
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>
>There is a Multimedia Annotator tool available from Univ of Wisc
>Madison. I just purchased it but have not had a chance to work with it
>much:
>
>http://engage.wisc.edu/projects/MmAnnotator/
>
>Jose
>
>On May 9, 2005, at 11:30 AM, LLTI-Editor wrote:
>
>>  --- Forwarded Message from mohamad ali <[log in to unmask]> ---
>>
>>>  Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
>>>  Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
>>>  From: mohamad ali <[log in to unmask]>
>>>  Subject: Authoring software
>>>  To: [log in to unmask]
>>
>>  I would like some help on authoring tools which allow annotations to be
>>  designed.  If possible a
>>
>>  software that incorporate a tracking mechanism too.
>>
>>  Would be grateful for any leads.
>>
>>  Thank you.
>>

>>  Regards,
>>   Ali
>>

>>  ---------------------------------
>>  Yahoo! Mail
>>   Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour
>>
>>  ***********************************************
>>   LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
>>  Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
>>  Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
>>  Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
>>  Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])
>>  ***********************************************
>>

>-------------------------
>Jose C. Rodriguez
>Director of Technology: Emory College Language Center
>office: 404.727.9351
>cell: 404.909.2365
>fax: 404.727.2257
>http://languagecenter.emory.edu/
>
>Emory University
>540 Asbury Circle
>Atlanta, GA 30322

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
>Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
>Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
>Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
>Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

*********************
Dianna L. Murphy, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Language Institute
University of Wisconsin-Madison
4226C Social Science Building
1180 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI  53706
Tel. (608) 262-1575; Fax (608) 265-4591

The UW-Madison Language Institute: http://www.languageinstitute.wisc.edu
2005: The Year of Languages: http://www.yearoflanguages.org
2005: The Year of Languages at UW-Madison:
http://www.languageinstitute.wisc.edu/yearoflanguages

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.