LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 11:30:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:44:22 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7892 Families and FLEAT5

There's a great water park (Seven Peaks:  http://www.sevenpeaks.com/)
about 10 blocks east of the conference hotel.

--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill

>Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 23:08:00 -0400
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Families and FLEAT5
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

All:

I would like to create a list/database  of FLEAT5 participants who are
planning to bring their families along to Provo this summer.  The
purpose of
this list would be to connect families with kids of similar ages in
order to
combine forces for daytrips and other activities should they wish to.

If you are bringing your family to FLEAT5, and if you are interested
in
meeting up with other families while there, please email me.  It would
be
helpful if you could share the age and gender of your children as
well.

Once we know approximately how many younger people are coming, our
hosts at
BYU and I  can begin to think about suggestions for local activities to
keep
them (and their guardians) happy and busy!

Also: be sure to see the special day trips and excursions our hosts
are
planning  for before, during, and after the conference at:
http://ce.byu.edu/cw/fleat5/2005/tours.dhtm

I look forward to hearing from you!

Barbara Sawhill
IALLT President-elect (and designated FLEAT5 Child  & Family Wrangler)
Director
Cooper International Learning Center
Oberlin College
Oberlin OH 44074

Language Learning, an d The Consortium for Language Teaching and
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.