LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 15:57:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Simultaneous Translation Equipment
>Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:37:06 -0400

Hi Folks,

I have a faculty member who is very interested in Portable simultaneous
translation equipment for use primarily with speakers coming to campus,
but also to teach students how to do simultaneous translation.  She's a
trained translator and made a (failed) pitch to the administration to
fund equipment four years ago.  She turned up appropriate equipment
made by Auditel and Sennheiser when she was looking.  I'm wondering if
anyone has experience with these, or other, systems and general advice
on what to look for.

Thanks,

- Mike

Michael Jones