LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:33:40 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dever, Susan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #7898.1 Scanner recommendation (!)
>Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:49:07 -0700
>From: "Dever, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

I'm also looking for recommendations for a high quality, high speed
scanner for print material.

And... we're also getting ready to set up a digital capture station(s)
for the college archive in our library.  So we're looking for something
that will "more conveniently" scan various formats, including
newspapers, slides, microfilm, 8mm/16mm film, and whatever else might
come dribbling in (although definitely not football trophies!)

And... if anyone has come up with shortcuts for indexing scanned
collections we'd love to hear about them.

Appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Susie

Susan Y. Dever, Ph.D
El Camino College
Torrance, CA