LLTI Archives

May 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:33:34 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:18:33 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: Canopus analog-digital converters
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Dear LLTI-listers,

Does anyone have any direct experience with Canopus video conversion
products?

We are considering purchasing the ADVC110 as the only video conversion
device that we would own in our Language Learning Center.

We are looking for something that will be Mac-PC cross-platform compatible
and a desktop unit (not a card) so that it is portable.

The Canopus ADVC110 has gotten good reviews (at least the ones I've seen),
but we are also wondering if the ADVC300 (with its much heftier price tag)
is worth the extra money, or whether the added features go beyond what we
would need to do basic good-quality analog-digital conversion.

ADVC110 <http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC110/pm_advc110.asp>
ADVC300 <http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC300/pm_advc300.asp>

Anyone with experience using Canopus, please weigh in.

Thanks.

Mark Lauersdorf

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.